[Numpy-discussion] 64-bit windows numpy / scipy wheels for testing

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:50:49 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Aha,

>>> I just found the official numpy binary builds of ATLAS:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/numpy/vendor/tree/master/binaries
>>>
>>> But - they are from an old version of ATLAS / Lapack, and only for 32-bit.
>>>
>>> David - what say we update these to latest ATLAS stable?
>>

>> Fine by me (not that you need my approval !).
>>
>> How easy is it to build ATLAS targetting a specific CPU these days ? I think
>> we need to at least support nosse and sse2 and above.
>
> I'm getting crashes trying to build SSE2-only ATLAS on 32-bits, I
> think Clint will have some time to help out next week.

Clint spent an hour on the phone working through the 32-bit build.
There was a nasty gcc bug revealed by some oddness to the input flags.
 Fixed now:

https://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/scipy_installers/atlas_builds/

Configure flags needed for 32-bit:

config_opts="-b 32 -Si archdef 0 -A 13 -V 384 \
    --with-netlib-lapack-tarfile=${lapack_tarfile} \
    -Fa al '-mincoming-stack-boundary=2 -mfpmath=sse -msse2'"

For 64-bit:

config_opts="-b 64 -V 384 --with-netlib-lapack-tarfile=${lapack_tarfile}"

Cheers,

Matthew