[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Pandas 0.14.0 Release Candidate 1
jeffreback at gmail.com
Sat May 17 07:22:00 EDT 2014
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of
Please try this RC and report any issues here: Pandas
We will be releasing officially in about 2 weeks or so.
This is a major release from 0.13.1 and includes a small number of API
changes, several new features, enhancements, and
performance improvements along with a large number of bug fixes.
- Officially support Python 3.4
- SQL interfaces updated to use sqlalchemy,
- Display interface changes
- MultiIndexing Using Slicers
- Ability to join a singly-indexed DataFrame with a multi-indexed
- More consistency in groupby results and more flexible groupby
- Holiday calendars are now supported in CustomBusinessDay
- Several improvements in plotting functions, including: hexbin, area
and pie plots.
- Performance doc section on I/O operations
Since there are some significant changes in the default way DataFrames are
displayed. I have put
up a comment issue looking for some feedback
Here are the full whatsnew and documentation links:
v0.14.0 Documentation Page<http://pandas-docs.github.io/pandas-docs-travis/>
Source tarballs, and windows builds are available here:
Pandas v0.14rc1 Release <https://github.com/pydata/pandas/releases>
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion