[Numpy-discussion] ANN: PyViennaCL 1.0.3 -- very easy GPGPU linear algebra

Toby St Clere Smithe pyviennacl at tsmithe.net
Mon May 19 19:02:09 EDT 2014

Hi Till,

Till Stensitzki <tillsten at zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:
> thanks for providing windows binaries, i never was able to build vienna
> cl on my own. Big question: is there interoperability between pyopencl
> and pyviennacl? I don't want to copy these big arrays around, especially
> if they are already on the device.

Actually, I'm going to be working on that interoperability over the next
couple of months, so it should be there by July -- and at that point it
should be pretty simple to convert a PyOpenCL buffer to a ViennaCL
matrix (for instance). But right now, indeed, you'll probably have to
cope without that functionality..

Cheers,

--
Toby St Clere Smithe