[Numpy-discussion] 100 Numpy exercices

Valentin Haenel valentin at haenel.co
Wed May 28 17:46:39 EDT 2014

Hi Nicolas,

* Nicolas Rougier <Nicolas.Rougier at inria.fr> [2014-05-27]:
> I've updated the numpy exercices collection and made it available on
> github at:
>
> https://github.com/rougier/numpy-100
>

> These exercices mainly comes from this mailing list and also from
> stack overflow. If you have other examples in mind, do not hesitate to
> make a pull request. The master and archmaster sections still need to
> be populated...
>
> Once finished, I'll make an ipython notebook as well.

It's so cool that this stuff has made it to github! The first time
you showed me these exercises last year, I did attempt to auto-convert
it it IPython notebook. It just so happens that I resurrected the
conversion tool quite recently and pushed it to github today:

https://github.com/esc/rst2ipynb

With a little bit of tweaking a la:

  $ sed s/code/code-block/

I managed to get the result:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/urls/gist.githubusercontent.com/esc/1badb29b962417b6489b/raw/1258a3e028bab4a5d00bf117c7035ad714a30699/numpy-100.ipynb

And all in all, this a) looks pretty good, except for the introduction
and b) hints at some errors that might still be lingering.

Hope it helps!

V-