[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.9.1, zeros and alignement

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:44:36 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM, Julian Taylor <
jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 32 bit windows should not provide 16 byte alignment, at least it doesn't
> for me. That is typically a property of 64 bit OS.
>

> But that does not explain why normal double is not aligned for you, that
> only needs 4 bytes on i386 which even 32 bit OS should provide.

Sorry for the confusion, doubles are aligned, only complex128 are not. But
I see that on linux 32 bits, this is the same as on windows (zeros output
not always aligned on "D" dtype), and yet I don't see the issues with f2py
not being able to

I am starting to think I got on the wrong track regarding the original
issue I see with scipy 0.14.x on win 32 bits... I will create a separate
ticket for that.

David