[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] ANN: Scipy 0.15.0 beta 1 release

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Nov 25 14:50:43 EST 2014

25.11.2014, 21:14, Nathaniel Smith kirjoitti:
[clip]
> (I guess scipy could create an overallocated copy and then take a
> slice at the right offset, but asking scipy to use such hacks to work
> around our bugs is clearly wrong.)

Note that the issue is not just with Scipy, but with *all* f2py code
that is out there.

Everyone who uses "double complex, intent(inout)" in their f2py wrapped
code will start getting random exceptions on Windows. Users of "double
complex, intent(in)" pay a performance penalty.

--
Pauli Virtanen