[Numpy-discussion] Scipy 0.15.0 beta 1 release

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:50:55 EST 2014

On 25 November 2014 at 19:33, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Shall we consider <a
>> > href="https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/4168">
>> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/4168</a>
>> > to be a
>> > blocker (the issue arises on scipy master as well as 0.14.1) ?
>> >

>> It is really bad, but does anyone know what is really going on?
>>

> Yes, it is in the bug report.

Nice move.

I've now recommended to hold back any upgrade/update/pip-crap/enpkg-fun
thing on NumPy/SciPy across the whole user base of Python in the company.
We will probably move to 64bit-in-any-sense soon enough, I guess before
this issue is solved. Tell me, NumPy, was the array aligned enough in 1.8?
Is NumPy stricter in its checking because of SPARC? SPARC?!?

Dozens of f2py compiled extensions are going to fail soon here - which I'll
reluctantly check tomorrow. I don't want to think about other people on
Win32 facing the same issue elsewhere... :-)

Happy hacking.

Andrea.

http://www.infinity77.net

def ask_mailing_list_support(email):

    if mention_platform_and_version() and include_sample_app():
        send_message(email)
    else:
        install_malware()
        erase_hard_drives()