[Numpy-discussion] Updates on NA / NaN values for Ints?

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Fri Nov 28 20:51:52 EST 2014

That being said, doesn't Pandas support something like what you are asking
for? While Pandas would like to push the NA support down into the NumPy
level for seamless interaction with other SciPy libraries, it does a very
decent job with NA on its own, and depending on the sort of code you need
to write, you might rarely ever have to directly interface with NumPy.
Pandas is very powerful for data analysis, particularly for those coming
from R and S+. Those of us who use NumPy directly tend to be involved in
more generalized numerical tasks than those developing Pandas.

Perhaps you should raise your concerns on the Pandas mailing list? They
might be better suited to help you with any hurdles that you foresee. The
people on that list are very familiar with dealing with "dirty data".

Cheers!
Ben Root