[Numpy-discussion] GDB macros for numpy

Alexander Eberspächer alex.eberspaecher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:06:10 EST 2014

On 30.11.2014 12:54, David Cournapeau wrote:

> I remember having seen some numpy-aware gdb macros at some point, but
> cannot find any reference. Does anyone know of any ?

Though I have no idea what a NumPy-aware GDB macro looked like, I'd be
interested in other people's input on debugging cross-language projects
(Cython/Python/C/Fortran) involving NumPy. I use cygdb but find it hard
(or rather impossible) to maintain debug builds of all parts of the
toolchain I use. Python itself is fine, but how do you deal with debug
builds for the scientific parts of the toolchain if you build from source?

Thanks for your answers!

Alex