[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Pandas 0.15.0 Release Candiate 1
jeffreback at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 08:30:52 EDT 2014
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of
Please try this RC and report any issues here: Pandas Issues
We will be releasing officially in 1-2 weeks or so.
This is a major release from 0.14.1 and includes a number of API changes,
several new features, enhancements, and performance improvements along with
a large number of bug fixes.
- Drop support for numpy < 1.7.0
- The Categorical type was integrated as a first-class pandas type
- New scalar type Timedelta, and a new index type TimedeltaIndex
- New DataFrame default display for df.info() to include memory usage
- New datetimelike properties accessor .dt for Series
- Split indexing documentation into Indexing and Selecting Data and
MultiIndex / Advanced Indexing
- Split out string methods documentation into Working with Text Data
- read_csv will now by default ignore blank lines when parsing
- API change in using Indexes in set operations
- Internal refactoring of the Index class to no longer sub-class ndarray
- dropping support for PyTables less than version 3.0.0, and numexpr less
than version 2.1
Here are the full whatsnew and documentation links:
v0.15.0 Documentation Page
Source tarballs, and windows builds are available here:
Pandas v0.15.0rc1 Release <https://github.com/pydata/pandas/releases>
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion