[Numpy-discussion] Copyright status of NumPy binaries on Windows/OS X

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Wed Oct 8 15:59:24 EDT 2014

Only on Windows does free Anaconda link against the MKL.       But, you are
correct, that the MKL-linked binaries can only be re-distributed if the
person or entity doing the re-distribution has a valid MKL license from
Intel.

Microsoft has actually released their Visual Studio 2008 compiler stack so
that OpenBLAS and ATLAS could be compiled on Windows for these platforms as
well.   I would be very interested to see conda packages for these
libraries which should be pretty straightforward to build.

-Travis

Travis Oliphant
CEO
Continuum Analytics, Inc.