[Numpy-discussion] Instaling numpy without root access

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:59:12 EDT 2014

On 10.10.2014 18:51, Lahiru Samarakoon wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to install numpy without root access. So I am building from
> the source.  I have installed atlas which also has lapack with it.  I
> changed the site.cfg file as given below
>
> [DEFAULT]
> library_dirs = /home/svu/a0095654/ATLAS/build/lib
> include_dirs = /home/svu/a0095654/ATLAS/build/include
>

> However, I am getting a segmentation fault when importing numpy.
>
> Please advise. I also put the build log file at the end of the email if
> necessary.

Which platform are you working on? Which compiler version?
We just solved a segfault on import on red hat 5 gcc 4.1.2. Very likely
caused by a compiler bug. See https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/5163

The build log is complaining about your atlas being to small, possibly
the installation is broken?