[Numpy-discussion] Copyright status of NumPy binaries on Windows/OS X

Carl Kleffner cmkleffner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:42:21 EDT 2014

this applies to the mingw-w64 builds as well

see also:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2014-10/msg00038.html

  From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
  To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
  Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,
      fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
  Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 20:38:14
  Subject: Re: [patch] Add -static-libquadmath option

  Since -static-libquadmath introduces LGPL requirements on redistributing
  the resulting binaries (that you provide source or relinkable object
files
  to allow relinking with modified versions of libquadmath) that don't
  otherwise generally apply simply through using GCC to build a program
even
  if you link in GCC's other libraries statically, it would seem a good
idea
  for the documentation of this option to make that explicit.

  Joseph S. Myers
____

-carlkl