[Numpy-discussion] numpy.i and std::complex

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 05:55:10 EDT 2014

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> The polite, welcoming
> response to someone coming along with a straightforward,
> obviously-correct contribution to our SWIG capabilities is "Thank
> you!", not "perhaps you overestimate the number of NumPy users who use
> Swig".

That was a response to something else. As to why this issue with NumPy and
Swig has not been solved before, the OP suggested he might have
overestimated the number of NumPy users who also use std::complex in C++.
Hence my answer he did not (it is arguably not that uncommon), but maybe
they don't use Swig.