[Numpy-discussion] FFTS for numpy's FFTs (was: Re: Choosing between NumPy and SciPy functions)

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 07:27:53 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>>> [*] Actually, we could, but the binaries would be tainted with a viral
>>> license.
>>
>> And binaries linked with MKL are tainted by a proprietary license... They
>> have very similar effects,
>
> The MKL license is proprietary but not viral.

For our purposes, it has the same effect, though. As a project policy,
we only want to put out official binaries that can be used in both
proprietary and GPLed projects. Since proprietary licenses and GPL
licenses are mutually incompatible, we cannot use components that are
either proprietary or GPLed in our official binaries.

--
Robert Kern