[Numpy-discussion] How to install numpy on a box without hardware FPU

Emel Hasdal emel_hasdal at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 03:29:15 EDT 2014

I am trying to run a python application which performs statistical calculations using Pandas which seem to depend on Numpy. Hence I have to install Numpy to get the app working.

Do you mean I can change

   numpy/core/src/npymath/ieee754.c.src

such that the functions referencing exceptions (npy_get_floatstatus, npy_clear_floatstatus, npy_set_floatstatus_divbyzer, npy_set_floatstatus_overflow, npy_set_floatstatus_underflow, npy_set_floatstatus_invalid) do nothing?

Could there be any implications of this on the numpy functionality?

Thanks a lot,
Emel