[Numpy-discussion] ANN: xray 0.3 released

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 23:44:37 EDT 2014

I'm pleased to announce the v0.3 release for xray, N-D labeled arrays and
datasets in Python.

xray is an open source project and Python package that aims to bring
the labeled data power of pandas to the physical sciences, by
providing N-dimensional variants of the core pandas data structures, Series
and DataFrame: the xray DataArray and Dataset.

Our goal is to provide a pandas-like and pandas-compatible toolkit
for analytics on multi-dimensional arrays, rather than the tabular data for
which pandas excels. Our approach adopts the Common Data Model for
self-describing scientific data in widespread use in the Earth sciences
(e.g.,
netCDF and OPeNDAP): xray.Dataset is an in-memory representation of
a netCDF file.

Documentation: http://xray.readthedocs.org
Code: http://github.com/xray/xray

Comments, feedback and contributions are all very welcome!

Cheers,
Stephan