[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] Hamming etc. windows are wrong

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Fri Sep 26 06:39:56 EDT 2014

On Sep 26, 2014, at 2:56 AM, Daπid <davidmenhur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 September 2014 10:41, Jerry <lanceboyle at qwest.net> wrote:
> **** I am just learning Python-NumPy-SciPy but it appears as though the SciPy situation is that the documentation page above *** mentions the flag but the flag has not been implemented into SciPy itself. I would be glad to stand corrected.

Hmm.... Earlier I was getting a Python error when I tried to supply the second argument, sym. That was the reason for my comment but now it accepts the second argument without complaint.

> Regarding this, you can look at the source:
>
> odd = M % 2
> if not sym and not odd:
>     w = w[:-1]
>
> so it is implemented  in Scipy, explicitely limited to even windows.

I can't see any reason this should be limited to even-length windows. Like I said in my original note, the principal applies regardless of even- or odd-length windows.

Jerry