[Numpy-discussion] Proposal: add ndarray.keys() to return dtype.names

Eelco Hoogendoorn hoogendoorn.eelco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:21:09 EDT 2014

So a non-structured array should return an empty list/iterable as its keys?
That doesn't seem right to me, but perhaps you have a compelling example to
the contrary.

I mean, wouldn't we want the duck-typing to fail if it isn't a structured
array? Throwing an attributeError seems like the best thing to do, from a
duck-typing perspective.