[Numpy-discussion] 1.10 release again.

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Apr 6 19:59:47 EDT 2015

On Apr 6, 2015 2:01 PM, "Ralf Gommers" <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are too many PRs marked as "1.10 blockers", I think the only real
blockers are:
> - __numpy_ufunc__ PRs (#4815, #4855)

The main blocker here is figuring out how to coordinate __numpy_ufunc__ and
__binop__ dispatch, e.g. PR #5748. We need to either resolve this or
disable __numpy_ufunc__ for another release (which would suck).

This needs some careful attention, so it'd be great if people could take a
look.

> - sgemv segfault workaround (#5237)
> - fix for alignment issue (#5656)

Agreed on these.

> - resolving the debate on diagonal (#5407)

Not really a blocker IMHO -- if we release 1.10 with the same settings as
1.9, then no harm will be done. (I guess some docs might be slightly off.)
And IMO that's the proper resolution for the moment anyway :-).

-n