[Numpy-discussion] Automatic number of bins for numpy histograms

Jaime Fernández del Río jaime.frio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:52:51 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Eric Moore <ewm at redtetrahedron.org> wrote:

> This blog post, and the links within also seem relevant.  Appears to have
> python code available to try things out as well.
>

> https://dataorigami.net/blogs/napkin-folding/19055451-percentile-and-quantile-estimation-of-big-data-the-t-digest

Very cool indeed... The original works is licensed under an Apache 2.0
license (https://github.com/tdunning/t-digest/blob/master/LICENSE). I am
not fluent in legalese, so not sure whether that means we can use it or
not, seems awfully more complicated than what we normally use.

Jaime

--
(\__/)
( O.o)