[Numpy-discussion] numpy vendor repo

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:32:52 EDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Done in the master branch of https://github.com/rgommers/vendor. I
>> think
>> > that "numpy-vendor" is a better repo name than "vendor" (which is pretty
>> > much meaningless outside of the numpy github org), so I propose to push
>> my
>> > master branch to https://github.com/numpy/numpy-vendor and remove the
>> > current https://github.com/numpy/vendor repo.
>> >
>> > I'll do this in a couple of days, unless there are objections by then.
>> >
>> > Ralf
>>
>> Can you not just rename the repository on GitHub?
>>

> Yes, that is possible. The difference is small in this case (retaining the
> 1 closed PR fixing a typo; there are no issues), but after looking it up I
> think renaming is a bit less work than creating a new repo. So I'll rename.

This is done now.

If anyone wants to give it a try, the instructions in README.txt should
work for producing working Windows installers. The only thing that's not
covered is the install and use of Vagrant itself, because the former is
platform-dependent and the latter is basically only the very first terminal
line of http://docs.vagrantup.com/v2/getting-started/ (but read on for a
bit, it's useful).

Feedback on how to document that repo better are very welcome. I'll be
looking at improving the documentation of how to release and what a release
manager does as well soon.

Cheers,
Ralf