[Numpy-discussion] future of f2py and Fortran90+

Eric Firing efiring at hawaii.edu
Thu Dec 3 16:38:55 EST 2015

On 2015/12/03 11:08 AM, Yuxiang Wang wrote:
> Too add to Sturla - I think this is what he mentioned but in more details:
>
> http://www.fortran90.org/src/best-practices.html#interfacing-with-python

Right, but for each function that requires writing two wrappers, one in
Fortran and a second one in cython.  Even though they are very simple,
this would be cumbersome for a library with more than a few functions.
Therefore I think there is still a place for f2py and f90wrap, and I am
happy to see development continuing at least on the latter.

Eric