[Numpy-discussion] When to stop supporting Python 2.6?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:47:09 EST 2015

Hi All,

Thought I would raise the topic apropos this post
<http://www.curiousefficiency.org/posts/2015/04/stop-supporting-python26.html>
. There is not a great advantage to dropping 2.6, OTOH, 2.7 has more
features (memoryview) and we could clean up the code a bit.

Along the same lines, dropping support for Python 3.2 would allow more
cleanup. In fact, I'd like to get to 3.4 as soon as possible, but don't
know what would be a reasonable schedule. The Python 3 series might be
easier to move forward on, as I think that Python 3 is just now starting to
become the dominant version in some areas.

Chuck
<http://www.curiousefficiency.org/posts/2015/04/stop-supporting-python26.html>