[Numpy-discussion] When to stop supporting Python 2.6?

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 04:40:35 EST 2015

dropping 3.2: +-0 as it would remove some extra code in our broken py3
string handling but not much
dropping 3.3: -1 doesn't gain us anything so far I know
dropping 2.6: -1, I don't see not enough advantage the only issue I know
of is an occasional set literal which gets caught by our test-suite
immediately. Besides 2.6 is still the default in RHEL6. But if there is
something larger which makes it worthwhile I don't know about I have no
objections.