[Numpy-discussion] Fast vectorized arithmetic with ~32 significant digits under Numpy

Eric Moore ewm at redtetrahedron.org
Fri Dec 11 15:17:57 EST 2015

I have a mostly complete wrapping of the double-double type from the QD
library (http://crd-legacy.lbl.gov/~dhbailey/mpdist/) into a numpy dtype.
The real problem is, as david pointed out, user dtypes aren't quite full
equivalents of the builtin dtypes.  I can post the code if there is
interest.

Something along the lines of what's being discussed here would be nice,
since the extended type is subject to such variation.

Eric