[Numpy-discussion] Build broken

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:52:22 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:50 AM, Daπid <davidmenhur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 December 2015 at 07:25, Jaime Fernández del Río <
> jaime.frio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone who actually knows what Travis is doing take a look at the log:
>>
>> https://travis-ci.org/numpy/numpy/builds/96836128
>>

> I don't claim to understand what is happening there, but I believe the
> function setup_chroot is missing the actual installation of Numpy, or
> perhaps a call to setup_base.

I noticed that, but it used to work. Although I wonder if it worked
correctly... Note that Travis has been moving to GCI
<https://blog.travis-ci.com/2015-11-27-moving-to-a-more-elastic-future>, a
move which broke the test script in 1.10.x last week, so I figure this is
just one more consequence.

> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/tools/travis-test.sh
>
> What is CHROOT install anyway?

A pretty good short description