[Numpy-discussion] AppVeyor

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun Dec 20 15:34:35 EST 2015

charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Charles R Harris <
charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

not, I intend to rename my personal account. Note that as AFAICT, someone
has to be the admin for appveyor, and that someone, like everyone else, can
only have one account on appveyor.

already registered 2 accounts (my own, and pywavelets).

>>> I get
>>>
>>> AppVeyor user with specified email already exists.
>>>
>>> This seems to have been the case since at least mid summer. When did
you register the accounts?

>> Did you use different email addresses?
>

> No, it looks like you can sign in with your Github login, and with email
+ password. Those can be different.

I wonder if there's a better way to organize these kinds of things in
general? It's probably not a big deal, but it can eventually make a mess
sometimes if there's only one person who has access to some piece of
critical infrastructure, and then years later they aren't available at some
point or no one knows who to ask. If we had the steering council mailing
list set up we could use that for the mailing address, but of course atm we
don't. Or we could make a scratch email account somewhere
(numpy-accounts at gmail) and pass around the login credentials. Or ask Leah
at numfocus to make an account and then add us as admins. Or maybe this is
overthinking it and we should just use some hack and move on :-)

-n