[Numpy-discussion] AppVeyor

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun Dec 20 22:11:04 EST 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:

[...]
>> Also, am I correct that these are win64 builds only? Anyone know if it
>> would be easy to add win32?
>

> Don't know. I also noticed a bunch of permission errors with temp files.
> There are some failing tests that are filtered out with our preliminary
> appveyor script.

Yeah, looking at the logs for
  https://ci.appveyor.com/project/charris/numpy/build/1.0.5/job/9lkl8940dvhrml2v
  https://ci.appveyor.com/project/charris/numpy/build/1.0.5/job/awgp7fnne15jwb21
there appears to be some configuration weirdness that makes temp files
unwriteable so all the tests that use those fail, plus some mysterious
issue with distutils.msvc9compiler, plus what's probably a genuine
error in mtrand.pyx where it is expecting 'long' to be 64 bits (which
it is on every 64-bit platform we support *except* for win64), plus
what's probably a genuine problem with test_diophantine_fuzz (py3 only
-- maybe some PyInt/PyLong transition issue?).

> Nathaniel, if you have an appveyor account that lets you have access to the
> numpy repo, could you try enabling it and see what happens? I note the
> matplotlib dashboard is on mdboom's account.

I have the option of clicking "add a project" and then selecting
github / numpy / numpy from the list, but AFAICT this seems to create
a second independent copy of the project in appveyor's system, which
I'm pretty sure is not what we want?

The interface is extraordinarily confusing. They really need to hire
an editor for their docs / messages :-(

(It's also astonishingly slow -- like 30 minutes per build, and builds
run in serial...)

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org