[Numpy-discussion] Proposal: stop providing official win32 downloads (for now)

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 22 14:22:08 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:18 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any way to know how many people are running 32 bit Python on Windows these
>> days??
>>

> I don't claim we are representative of the whole community, but as far as
> canopy is concerned, it is still a significant platform. That's the only 32
> bit platform we still support (both linux and osx 32 bits were < 1 % of our
> downloads)

thanks -- I think that's a good data point -- presumably, people can grab
64 bit Canopy just as easily as 64 bit -- and get all the extra packages.
And they still want, or think they do :-), 32 bit.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov