[Numpy-discussion] Proposal: stop providing official win32 downloads (for now)

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 22 14:38:29 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The take-home is that about 12 percent of gamers have 32 bit Windows.
> It's easy to believe business users will use 32-bit more.

yup -- I tend to think gamers are on the cutting edge....

Though I work on gov't which is very slow moving, and we're on 64 bit
finally...

Also, I believe that the default Windows Python.org installers are
> 32-bit, at least, that's what the filenames suggest when I try it now.

what is "default" -- when I go to pyton.org to downloads, I get:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2711/

where they are both there with equal footing.

though I'm running a Mac -- so it starts out suggesting a Mac download --
maybe if I was running Windows, I'd get a default.

-CHB

> Cheers,
>
> Matthew

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov