[Numpy-discussion] Proposal: stop providing official win32 downloads (for now)

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 22 15:00:57 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On a virtual Windows machine I just span up, the Python.org site gave
> me default buttons to download Python 3.5 or 2.7, and the linked
> installers look like they are 32-bit.

It's probably time for python.org to change that -- but this does mean that
there will be people using 32 bit pytohn on windows purely by happenstance.

so I think it's important to continue to support those folks. Again, 32 bit
binary wheels on PyPi is probably the way to do it these days.

-CHB

>   I can also go to the full list
> where there is no preference for one over the other,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov