[Numpy-discussion] Numpy funding update

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:17:07 EST 2015

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A quick good news message: OSDC has made a $5k contribution to NumFOCUS,
which is split between support for a women in technology workshop and
support for Numpy:
http://www.numfocus.org/blog/osdc-donates-5k-to-support-numpy-women-in-tech
> This was a very nice surprise to me, and a first sign that the FSA
(fiscal sponsorship agreement) we recently signed with NumFOCUS is going to
yield significant benefits for Numpy.

> NumFOCUS is also doing a special end-of-year fundraiser. Funds donated
(up to $5k) will be tripled by anonymous sponsors:
http://www.numfocus.org/blog/numfocus-end-of-year-fundraising-drive-5000-matching-gift-challenge
> So think of Numpy (or your other favorite NumFOCUS-sponsored project of
course) if you're considering a holiday season charitable gift!

That sounds great! Do we have any concrete plans for spending that money,
yet?

--
Robert Kern