[Numpy-discussion] new mingw-w64 based numpy and scipy wheel (still experimental)

Carl Kleffner cmkleffner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 16:49:35 EST 2015

Basically you need:

(1) site.cfg or %HOME%\.numpy-site.cfg with the following content: (change
the paths according to your installation)

[openblas]
libraries = openblas
library_dirs = D:/devel/packages/openblas/amd64/lib
include_dirs = D:/devel/packages/openblas/amd64/include

OpenBLAS was build with the help of msys2, the successor of msys.

(2) I created an import library for python##.dll in <python>\libs\

I copied python##.dll in a temporary folder and executed: (example for
python-2.7)

> gendef python27.dll
> dlltool --dllname python27.dll --def python27.def --output-lib
libpython27.dll.a
> copy libpython27.dll.a <python_root>\libs\libpython27.dll.a

(3) before starting the numpy build I copied libopenblas.dll to numpy\core\

Actually I rework the overall procedure to allow the installation of the
toolchain as a wheel with some postprocessing to handle all this
intermediate steps.

Cheers,

Carl