[Numpy-discussion] Matrix Class

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Feb 11 15:36:40 EST 2015

11.02.2015, 21:57, Alan G Isaac kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I think gains could be in lazy evaluation structures (e.g.,
> a KroneckerProduct object that never actually produces the product
> unless forced to.)

This sounds like an abstract linear operator interface. Several attempts
have been made to this direction in Python world, but I think none of
them has really gained traction so far.

One is even in Scipy. Unfortunately, that one's design has grown
organically, and it's mostly suited just for specifying inputs to sparse
solvers etc. rather than abstract manipulations.

If there was a popular way to deal with these objects, it could become
even more popular reasonably quickly.