[Numpy-discussion] GSoC'15 - mentors & ideas

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 01:49:41 EST 2015

Hi all,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It's time to start preparing for this year's Google Summer of Code. There
> is actually one urgent thing to be done (before 19.00 UTC today), which is
> to get our ideas page in decent shape. It doesn't have to be final, but
> there has to be enough on there for the organizers to judge it. This page
> is here: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-project-ideas. I'll be
> reworking it and linking it from the PSF page today, but if you already
> have new ideas please add them there. See
> https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/OrgIdeasPageTemplate for this
> year's template for adding a new idea.

The ideas page is now in pretty good shape. More ideas are very welcome
though, especially easy or easy/intermediate ideas. Numpy right now has
zero easy ones and Scipy only one and a half.

What we also need is mentors. All ideas already have a potential mentor
listed, however some ideas are from last year and I'm not sure that all
those mentors really are available this year. And more than one potential
mentor per idea is always good. So can everyone please add/remove his or
her name on that page?

I'm happy to take care of most of the organizational aspects this year,
however I'll be offline for two weeks in July and from the end of August
onwards, so I'll some help in those periods. Any volunteers?

Thanks,
Ralf