[Numpy-discussion] PR, extended site.cfg capabilities

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 24 08:56:23 EST 2015

On 02/24/2015 02:31 PM, Julian Taylor wrote:
> On 02/24/2015 02:16 PM, Nick Papior Andersen wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have initiated a PR-5597 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/5597>,
>> which enables the reading of new flags from the site.cfg file.
>> @rgommers requested that I posted some information on this site,
>> possibly somebody could test it on their setup.
>
> I do not fully understand the purpose of these changes. Can you give
> some more detailed use cases?

I think I understand better now, so this is intended as a site.cfg
equivalent (and possibly more portable) variant of the environment
variables that control these options?
e.g. runtime_lib_dirs would be equivalent to LD_RUN_PATH env. variable
and build_ext --rpath
and the compile_extra_opts equivalent to the OPT env variable?