[Numpy-discussion] question np.partition

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:57:28 EST 2015

It sounds like np.partition could be used to answer the question:
give me the highest K elements in a vector.

Is this a correct interpretation?  Something like partial sort, but returned
elements are unsorted.

I could really make some use of this, but in my case it is a list of objects I
need to sort on a particular key.  Is this algorithm available in general python
code (not specific to numpy arrays)?

--
-- Those who don't understand recursion are doomed to repeat it