[Numpy-discussion] Video meeting this week

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Fri Jul 10 13:38:51 EDT 2015

>> I assume you've already checked that this is a Windows specific issue?
>
> I am starting a rackspace VM with linux to check. Hopefully it will
> also be detected as Barcelona by openblas.

I just built OpenBLAS 0.2.14 and numpy 1.9.2 under Linux on a
rackspace VM (2GB Standard Instance) that gets detected as "Barcelona"
by OpenBLAS and I cannot reproduce the issue.

So this is either:

- windows specific
- mingpy specific (as it was used to build numpy and potentially the
embedded libopenblaspy.dll as well)
- specific to an old version of OpenBLAS and fixed in 0.2.14 if Carl
has used an old version

Note bigger rackspace VMs get detected as Nehalem. So use 2GB Standard
Instance if you want a Barcelona machine.

--
Olivier