[Numpy-discussion] Video meeting this week

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Fri Jul 10 13:06:21 EDT 2015

> Hi Olivier,
>
> yes, this is all explained in
> https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/wiki/Faq#choose_target_dynamic as well.
> This seems to be necessary for CI systems, right?

The auto detection should work. If not it's a bug and we should find a
minimalistic reproduction case to report it to the openblas
maintainers.

Or we could choose to build openblas for an old architecture that
should work everywhere like nehalem for instance.

> BTW: i just now renewed the numpy-1.9.2 and scipy-0.15.0 wheels for
> python-2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 on anaconda.org.

You mean binstar.org right? What did you change in the new
numpy-1.9.2? Have you upgraded OpenBLAS? Which version is embedded by
the way?

> I also added scipy-0.16.0rc1 for
> python-2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4. This means I phase out python-3.2 builds for the
> future.

I don't think Windows users care about python 3.2 support.

> python-3.5 support is up in the air right now.

What do you mean?

--
Olivier