[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Py-ART v1.4.0 released
jjhelmus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:38:08 EDT 2015
I am happy to announce the release of Py-ART version 1.4.0.
Py-ART is an open source Python module for reading, visualizing,
correcting and analysis of weather radar data.
Documentation : http://arm-doe.github.io/pyart/dev/index.html
GitHub : https://github.com/ARM-DOE/pyart
Pre-build conda binaries:
Version 1.4.0 is the result of 4 months of work by 7 contributors.
Thanks to all contributors, especially those who have made their first
contribution to Py-ART.
Highlights of this release:
* Support for reading and writing MDV Grid files. (thanks to
* Support for reading GCPEX D3R files. (thanks to Steve Nesbitt)
* Support for reading NEXRAD Level 3 files.
* Optional loading of radar field data upon use rather than initial
* Significantly faster gridding method, "map_gates_to_grid".
* Improvements to the speed and bug fixes to the region based
* Textures of differential phase fields. (thanks to Scott Collis)
* Py-ART now can be used with Python 3.3 and 3.4
- Jonathan Helmus
More information about the NumPy-Discussion