[Numpy-discussion] ANN: xray v0.5
shoyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:18:10 EDT 2015
I'm pleased to announce version 0.5 of xray, N-D labeled arrays and
datasets in Python.
xray is an open source project and Python package that aims to bring the
labeled data power of pandas to the physical sciences, by providing
N-dimensional variants of the core pandas data structures. These data
structures are based on the data model of the netCDF file format.
Highlights of this release:
* Support for parallel computation on arrays that don't fit in memory using
dask.array (see http://continuum.io/blog/xray-dask for more details)
* Support for multi-file datasets
* assign and fillna methods, based on the pandas methods of the same name.
* to_array and to_dataset methods for easier conversion between xray
Dataset and DataArray objects.
* Label based indexing with nearest neighbor lookups
For more details, read the full release notes:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion