[Numpy-discussion] 1.10 release

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:25:35 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I plan to branch the 1.10 release next Monday. I expect this to be a
difficult release, much time has passed since 1.9 and there have been
significant enhancements/changes to masked arrays, structured array
assigment, and recored arrays. In addition, most ufuncs no longer return
`NotImplemented`, so there have been changes associated with the handling
of ndarray operators. There still remains some tasks to do, including some
PEP8 cleanup before the branch, but I would much appreciate it if folks
could start testing now, especially if you make use of the parts that have
undergone signigicant change. This is also the time to complain if you
think some needed PR has been left out. I would also appreciate help with
the release notes, as I am sure there are changes that should be noted but
are currently omitted.

Chuck