[Numpy-discussion] Removal of Deprecated Keywords/functionality

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:40:05 EDT 2015

Hi All,

There are three long ago deprecations that I am not sure how to handle.

   - keywords skiprows and missing in genfromtxt, deprecated in 1.5.
   - keyword old_behavior (default False) in correlate. added in 1.5 at
   least, but default value changed later.

The documentation says they will be removed in numpy 2.0, but we might want
to try ealier. The case of the correlation function is trickier, as we
probabaly need to provide a function with the old behavior before removing
the keyword. I've left these cases as is, but the more old stuff hanging
about the greater our technical debt.

Chuck