[Numpy-discussion] Removal of Deprecated Keywords/functionality

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sat Jun 20 17:32:11 EDT 2015

On Jun 20, 2015 1:43 PM, "Charles R Harris" <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There are three long ago deprecations that I am not sure how to handle.
>
> keywords skiprows and missing in genfromtxt, deprecated in 1.5.
> keyword old_behavior (default False) in correlate. added in 1.5 at least,
but default value changed later.

> The documentation says they will be removed in numpy 2.0, but we might
want to try ealier. The case of the correlation function is trickier, as we
probabaly need to provide a function with the old behavior before removing
the keyword.

Wouldn't this function just be
correlate(a, conj(b))
? Surely just writing that is easier and clearer than any function call we
could provide.

> I've left these cases as is, but the more old stuff hanging about the
greater our technical debt.

I guess we could try dropping them from the first release candidate and at
least get some data on whether anyone notices.

1.5 was a lonnnng time ago.

-n