[Numpy-discussion] Clarification sought on Scipy Numpy version requirements.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:45:25 EDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 7:14 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> There is still a reference to 1.5 in Scipy, I forget where.
>>

> In INSTALL.rst.txt, will fix that now.

Ralf, I cannot compile Scipy 0.13.3 on my system, it seems to fail here

Error compiling Cython file:
# and object. In this file, only NULL is passed to these parameters.
cdef extern from *:
    cnp.ndarray PyArray_CheckFromAny(object, void*, int, int, int, void*)
    cnp.ndarray PyArray_FromArray(cnp.ndarray, void*, int)

from . cimport cython_blas as blas_pointers
^

_decomp_update.pyx:60:0: 'cython_blas.pxd' not found

Although it is hard to tell, the traceback doesn't give much useful
information. I suspect this is due to a cython version mismatch, as it
seems to be looking for cython_blas.pxd but only cython_blas.c is
available. Have you seen this before?

Chuck