[Numpy-discussion] Video meeting this week

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Tue Jun 30 20:12:44 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM, Jeff Reback <jeffreback at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> you guys have an agenda?
>
> I'm guessing a subset of what's listed on
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/wiki/SciPy-2015-developer-meeting
>
> Would indeed be good to make a proper agenda, so we can prepare properly for
> the meeting at SciPy. There are some topics (like commit rights) that can
> easily fill the whole call and are better done in person instead.
> @Nathaniel: as the organizer, do you want to make a proposal?

Yep. Just reorganized the wiki page a bit to hopefully highlight the
big picture stuff (which I'm thinking is the stuff that's the highest
priority for our limited face-to-face time?), and made a
world-writeable google doc for us to use for the call here:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/11KC2p3cCsbDVjLcQSCehUiWGyWDNCyOunKfrO7Q7m3E/edit?usp=sharing

Copy/pasting the proposed agenda for the call from that google doc:

* Logistics for next week:

** What time do we want to start?

** What are our main goals for the meeting?

** How do we want to organize our time? (Maybe just sitting in a
meeting room grinding through an agenda for 10 hours straight is not
the best approach.)

** Are there any topics that e.g. we should plan to discuss at a
particular time so Ralf can plan to join remotely?

** Stuff like that.

* Do a *brief* pass through the list of topics for the meeting listed
on the wiki page (linked above). The goal here is not to actually have
a detailed discussion, but just:

** Get a general sense of where we stand so people can come prepared next week

** Get feedback on these topics from those who won’t be present for
the meeting next week

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org