[Numpy-discussion] ANN: xray v0.4 released
shoyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:01:48 EST 2015
I'm pleased to announce a major release of xray, v0.4.
xray is an open source project and Python package that aims to bring the
labeled data power of pandas to the physical sciences, by providing
N-dimensional variants of the core pandas data structures.
Our goal is to provide a pandas-like and pandas-compatible toolkit for
analytics on multi-dimensional arrays, rather than the tabular data for
which pandas excels. Our approach adopts the Common Data Model for
self-describing scientific data in widespread use in the Earth sciences:
xray.Dataset is an in-memory representation of a netCDF file.
Highlights of this release:
* Automatic alignment of index labels in arithmetic and when combining
arrays or datasets.
* Aggregations like mean now skip missing values by default.
* Relaxed equality rules in concat and merge for variables with equal
value(s) but different shapes.
* New drop method for dropping variables or index labels.
* Support for reindexing with a fill method like pandas.
For more details, read the full release notes:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion