[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.10

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:43:51 EDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 12:40 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Time to start thinking about numpy 1.10.

Sounds good. Do we have a volunteer for release manager already?

> At the moment there are 21 blockers and 93 PRs. it would be good if we
> could prioritize the blockers and the PRs.

Many of those don't look like real blockers. I started labeling and
renaming PRs so one can actually see quickly what PRs are about.

> It might be a good idea to also look at closing some of the aging PRs.

+1 (but let's start gently)

> These days it seems to be normal to have 20 or so PRs in progress, it it
> would be nice if we could get the total down around 40-50.
>
> I don't see a numpy 1.10 before July, but it is going to take a few months
> to get things in order, so now is a good time to start.

Sooner would be possible probably. Releasing a bit more frequent would be
useful.

Ralf