[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.10

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 02:51:40 EDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Jaime Fernández del Río <
jaime.frio at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Sounds good. Do we have a volunteer for release manager already?
>>>

>> I guess it is my turn, unless someone else wants the experience.
>>

> What does a release manager do? I will eventually want to be able to tell
> my grandchildren that I once managed a numpy release, but am not sure if I
> can successfully handle it on my own right now. I will probably need to up
> my git foo, which is nothing to write home about...
>
> Maybe for this one I can sign up for release minion, so you have someone
> to offload menial tasks?

I have no doubt that you can do this job well right now - you are vastly
more experienced than I was when I picked up that role. It's not rocket
science.

I have to run now, but here's a start to give you an idea of what it
entails (some details and version numbers may be slightly outdated):
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/HOWTO_RELEASE.rst.txt

Cheers,
Ralf